Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wringing Out the Dead

I didn't enjoy the walking backward exercise.  I want to get that out right off the bat.  It was stupid.  It wasn't stupid because of the terms of the exercise; I just think exercise is stupid to begin with.  One can exercise all he or she wants, but that person is still gonna end up like the rest of us.

I enjoy museums, zoos and parks, so I decided to go to all three at once.  I visited Crown Hill Cemetery.  It was a nice day.  The sky was slightly overcast and there were a few sprinkles here and there, but this didn't quite bring the temperature quite as low as I would have enjoyed.  I was slightly nervous walking backward in a cemetery.  People leave things laying around everywhere, and there are all sorts of squirrels running around.  A cemetery can be a dangerous place for walking backward, but at least if anything happens, at least you're in the right place.

Walking backward didn't really do a whole lot for me.  When I was in high school, I would drive my car in reverse all the time, so maybe I'm just over the going backward phase of life; though, I do feel like I'm going backward in other aspects of life.

The view of the cemetery about what anyone would imagine.  Marshmallows and phalli littered the ground.  It made me hungry to say the least.

Things got way better once I got to the top of the crown.  The view of the city was nice, but the amount of money and effort that had gone into the tombs and whatnot was way the ef ahead of the shit elsewhere.


I think if there is one thing I would want to use from the AVL in this setting, it would be the big monitor thing that shows a lot of stuff with very good detail.  It would be great for showing off the city coming out of the horizon.  It would also be good for showing really anything and everything from the view atop the crown.  There is a lot to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment