Sunday, October 31, 2010

One Step Away

I felt like drawn into this project due to the fact that two people in the class new something no one else knew about it.  I like secrets, but I don't like secrets that others are keeping from me.  Coincidentally I needed to to know immediately what was going on, so I started doing Google Goggles searches from the classroom.  This took me nowhere in my quest for the answer.

I've spent a lot of time wondering how it pertains to class.  Of course I could see that a lot of this stuff is seeing old things in a very sideways manner.  The shared clothing is a very different twist to an old way of doing shit.  I sure did enjoy some of the concepts they had to offer.

To find clues, I went to the Pantalaine website.  It seemed half-way legit, but there were still things about it that didn't quite add up.  I finally got the break I wanted when I looked up the locations of the store.  The map they show isn't too revealing.  Luckily, we are still left with the options to switch to satellite view and zoom.  What I discovered nearly turned my world upside-down.  Instead of being in a building, the marker on the maps puts the Pantalaine Family Store in the middle of a wooded area behind someone's house.  It became clear to me that someone wanted us dead.

I'm not 100% sure of the point of this project, but I am 100% sure there is a point.  I think it's nice that the Pantalaine thing showed normal things with a simple twist that would bring people closer together, so perhaps we're supposed to see the way a simple alteration to something can completely change its function.  Sadly, I didn't look at anything else, which means I'm probably entirely wrong about what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment