Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Brotherhood of Justice

I brought a Keanu Reeves poster to class.  I had no idea what to do to show who I thought I was or wasn't, so I thought it would be nice to do something somewhat random.  I figured I could do something that might have been stupid and let everyone in class judge me, because I figured if I couldn't show who I thought I was, I'd let others tell me who they thought I was, based on a poster I didn't put any effort into.  I didn't really get much of a response from the class, which I should have known would happen.  It's not that the class didn't care, I think the problem was that I just didn't really present anything worth responding to.  Beth did respond in a way that made me relate to the class the fact that I knew what they knew about me, which is very little (or maybe a lot if we're looking at this sideways).  Anyway, showing that I didn't know or have anything of value reflected my own confusion about myself, which means that my lack of a reasonable project perfectly resonates with who I think I am and who I might actually be.  By doing this project, I revealed myself far more than I think I could have by actually putting forth the effort to bullshit through an assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment